Friday 15 October 2010

Lateral Thinking Friday on Local News

I have recently subscribed to Kent Online News Updates. This allows me to keep up with the news.

In true "Friday" mode this afternoon, when an alert popped up on my blackberry, I thought the title "Mum of 13: I'm not a scrounger" was worth a look.

The story is pretty meek all things considering. A woman objecting to being misrepresented as a person who wastes all of her benefits on televisions and swimmingpools. Fair enough.

But then I cast my eye over the comments.

Delightfully, and predictably, an small debate was being exercised on the rights to claim benefits.

Phrases such as "what is the world coming to" reared out at me in true Daily Fail fashion. But interestingly, the following correspondence caught my eye;

Neil Boyo wrote:

Oi Lynn, shut ya mouf.

my mums got 14 kids and lives off benefits. so wot.

if someones gonna giv it why work for it. i think your all mugs for workin.

my mums the best, she can llok after the kids and still box you up down


Followed by

MECH SEALS BOI wrote:

WELL DONE NEIL BOYO FOR STANDING UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN AND NOT CONFORMING TO THE MASSES. I ONLY HAVE 6 CHAVIES AT THE MO BUT HOPE TO ONE DAY HAVE SOME MORE IF THE GOVERMENTS STOPS BEING TIGHT. TIL THEN I'LL HAVE TO USE MY DISSABILITY BENIFITS AS A TOP UP


Now, here's some lateral thinking for you

What is wrong with that statement?

No?

Try this one;

Mech Seals Boi wrote:

Stop all havin a pop at Neil boyo! I think your all jellous as he has more time off than you and probably more extra cash at the end of the month therefore a better life style. your all like crying children, grow up and sort you own lifes out. If you cant bet them join them, you all have the option to live the easy life like neil and myself. and as for the big man DJ, your threats dont worry us, we all know your not gonna turn up down the doll so do one mug


Got it yet?

No?

Let's give you a highlight;



See it now?

For people that cannot spell "benefits", I have admit my sceptical surprise at the use of the word "conforming".

How about the next one?



Perhaps there is a slight wind up / egging on going on here to encourage more comments and controversy?

PS I find lanugage analysis fascinating, see the Lindbergh Kidnapping for some interesting examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for United Kingdom

Followers

Twitter / KelBlundell